Tiger Woods Completes Intensive Treatment Program: What Did He Say?
Tiger Woods was arrested on DUI charges last month after police in Jupiter, Florida noticed the famous golfer was driving in bizarre fashion.
In the aftermath, it was revealed that Woods was not drunk. Instead, he was under the influence of a cocktail of prescription drugs.
The issue at hand was put down to back surgery the 41-year-old had, and he allegedly took a bad reaction to the painkillers prescribed to him by doctors at the time.
Tiger recognized that he did need some help in a statement shortly after the incident.
“I’m currently receiving professional help to manage my medications and the ways that I deal with back pain and a sleep disorder,” Woods said at the time.
“I want to thank everyone for the amazing outpouring of support and understanding especially the fans and players on tour.”
While this proved Tiger showed he was remorseful for what went down, not everyone felt like he was taking the treatment seriously.
He was spotted out and about with his kids, presumably meaning he was not in an in-patient facility. Some felt that he was using the treatment as a tactic to get a lighter sentence.
On top of that, the treatment has now been completed, with Tiger taking to Twitter to let his followers know this was not something he was just going to brush under the rug.
“I recently completed an out of state private intensive program,” he said in the statement.
“I will continue to tackle this going forward with my doctors, family, and friends. I am so very thankful for all the support I’ve received.”
With the treatment over, Woods is scheduled to appear in court on July 8. We’re unsure what the court date will hold for the gold legend, but we’ll have more clarity in the coming days.
What do you think of all of this?
Sound off below!